Music City Code is a community event run exclusively by volunteers and, while it's a lot of work to put on a great conference, we have a lot of fun doing it! Join the team by volunteering to help out.
Volunteers who contribute at least three and a half hours of their time to receive a free pass to the conference. Shifts run Thursday (8/18), Friday (8/19), and Saturday (8/20); 7:00am-10:30am, 10:30am-2:00pm, 2:00pm-5:30pm. There is also an opportunity to volunteer for after-hours activities.
Example Volunteer Duties:
- Directions & Parking: Help direct attendees parking and the correct building. Possibly the most important job of all.
- Registration: Check in attendees and hand out badges. Fast paced, but great way to meet everyone.
- Swag Distribution: Hand out shirts and swag bags to attendees. (SWAG = Stuff We All Get)
Snacks & Beverages: Keep our hungry attendees fed by keeping the snack bar stocked and ready. Everyone loves snacks.
- Room Monitoring: Relay any needs by the presenter back to command and ensure sessions go smoothly. Watch sessions while volunteering!
- Floater: General helper to fill in where needed and keep an eye out for issues. Problem solvers go here.
Geek Jam Support: Help band with setup/teardown. Musician types encouraged to apply!
- After Party Social: Greet folks coming to social and help with any setup/teardown. (Saturday evening)
To volunteer or for questions contact email@example.com.